Permission to Work

If you are not a member of Local 209 and wish to work within our jurisdiction then there are a few things you must do before you start. The first is to download the PDF file in this section and fill it out. You will need to know the Production that you wish to work for and the position you wish to work in. Also let us know what contract you will be working under. Once you have that information you will need the permission of your home local to work in another jurisdiction and be a 'Fully Paid-up Member' of that Local. Please supply us with the contact information of your home Local as this will help expedite the process.

Once you have filled out all the information please get in contact with both the Business Agent and the Secretary Treasurer of Local 209. Once they have completed the application you will be informed of the Locals decision and any steps you may need to do before you start work. (eg. paying up all dues with your home Local). When you start work you will also be asked to fill out a dues check off to cover working dues to Local 209, or prove to us why you should be exempt from paying Local 209 working dues. Failure to abide by the By-Laws of Local 209 may result in proceedings being brought against you. If everything works out and you end up working on the Production you applied to work on, you can not move on to another position or production without the permission of Local 209 in writing. This would involve resubmitting another request to this Local. Please click here for the application to work in Ohio.

If you have any questions please contact either of the officers at their email address or leave a message at the office (216) 621 9537.

Business Agent: Jim Butler,

Secretary Treasurer: Kim Novak,


The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, its Territories, and Canada, AFL-CIO, working for you in Ohio and Northern Kentucky.